HIGH-END PASSPORT READER FOR MISSION-CRITICAL APPLICATIONS
PRMcis a premium and robust tool to read and authenticate many types of identity documents: passports, ID cards, visas and driving licenses – designed for the most demanding scenarios like border control, document issuance and other high security applications.
In a single step, PRMc extracts both printed data and digital information stored on contactless (RFID) chips. To ensure ideal results, the scanner uses multiple illumination sources (visible white, infrared and UV) with hardware-assisted reflection removal for glare-free imaging. In order to detect the most often forged part of passports, the device captures a high resolution 960 PPI image of the face photo from the data page. This exceptionally detailed image allows in-depth verification and automatic Jura IPI decryption too – replacing manual verification that requires lens.
Flawless functioning in any mission critical operation is guaranteed by the scanner’s robust design and scratch resistant tempered glass reading surface. PRMc operates 24/7 with ease, whether in a high demand border control system protecting the citizen – or a bank securing the payment transactions. Sophisticated as it is, the use of the passport readers is easy and intuitive: the operating personnel needs no training and first-line authentication becomes automatic.
- Single-step, in-depth document processing: data reading and authenticity verification
- Robust design – ideal for both desktop and kiosk usage
- Automated quality control of newly issued documents
- Checking each layer of a document: visible white, IR and UV image, OVDs, RFID content, face photograph with IPI decoding
- High reliability, steady operation in 24/7 use
- Replacing error-prone manual entry with accurate OCR data
- Replacing manual verification with quick & automatic checks
PRMc provides solution for common problems by:
- border protection and other high security applications
PRMc is ideal for:
PRMc offers high-resolution 475 PPI imaging using LED-based visible white, IR and UV illuminations. The captured images are made all glare-free by the hardware-assisted Reflection Removal technology. The secondary camera of this travel document reader provides 960 PPI scanning for clear and sharp passport face photo capturing. It performs hardware-assisted reflection removal (RR) and OVD visualization, regular 1D and 2D barcode reading from printed documents or smartphone screens.
PRMc supports RFID reading according to ISO14443 and BSI TR-03135 supporting all security protocols: BAC, EAC, EAC2.0, PACE, AA, PA, TA, CA, BAP, EAP.
PRMc comes with a Software Development Kit with Windows and Linux compatibility, including APIs and development support for C/C++, C#, Visual Basic, .NET, Java.
Imaging Active Scan Area 130 mm × 98 mm (5.12” × 3.86”) Glass Plate Scratch resistant tempered glass for robustness and durability Illumination Sources LED visible white, IR (B900), UV-A (optional)* Image Resolution 475 PPI Photo Camera 960 PPI Provided Images Visible, IR, UV (UV-A)*, OVD image and glare-free image Image Formats BMP, JPG, JPG2000 and PNG Image Color Depth 24 bits/pixel (RGB), 8 bits/pixel (IR image) Reading Capability Automatic Document Detection (ADD) YES Reflection Removal (RR) and OVD visualization YES Adaptive Light Control YES ICAO MRZ Reading ICAO compliant A1:B50 per ICAO 9303 specification Part 1, Part 1v2, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 3v2 for Type ID-1, ID-2 and ID-3 MRZ Optical Character Recognition VIZ Reading Available with ARH VIZ OCR software Barcode Reading 1D: UPC-A, EAN8, EAN13, Code39, Code128 and ITF2D: PDF 417, Data Matrix, QR Code, Aztec CodeFrom paper based documents and mobile devicesAAMVA compliant PDF417 and IATA BCBP Contactless IC (RFID)** Reading and writing contactless ICs according to: ISO 14443 Type A & B, BSI TR-03105All standardized rates up to 848 Kbps Contact Smart Card Option*** ISO 7816 Class A, AB and C, ISO 7816 & EMV2 2000 Level 1 PROGRAMMING & INTERFACES Supported Operating Systems Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista (32/64 bit, WHQL certified)32/64 bit Server 2008 R2 and Server 2003Linux Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSUSE, CentOS Software Development Kit (SDK) Complete SDK including DLLs and demo programs Programming Languages C/C++, C#, Visual Basic 6.0, Delphi, VB.NET, Java General Interfaces ARH native, Twain, PC/SC, BioAPI 2.0, AssureIDTM RFID functions (where applicable)** ICAO Doc. 9303 LDS 1.7, ISO 18013 (Driver License)PKI 1.1, BAC, EAC, EAC2.0, PACE, PACE-CAM, AA, PA, TA, CA, BAP, EAP Advanced Document Authentication Data consistency checks: MRZ, Bar codes, RFID** (included in standard SDK) IR B900 and UV dull paper check*Passports’ bearer photo vs. RFID DG2** Additional Authentication Options(available as optional SDK) VIZ and non-ICAO document readingAutomated verification based on document specific security features in visible white, IR and UVAJura IPI (invisible personal information) verification PC Connection USB 2.0 high speed Status indicators Three programmable status LEDs (yellow, red, green) Firmware Upgrade Automatic, via USB Mechanical and Other Data Size (width × depth × height) / Weight 213 mm × 173 mm × 179 mm (8.39” × 6.81” × 7.08”) / 1.9 kg (4.19 lbs.) – actual weight may vary depending on configuration Operating Temperature / Humidity 5 °C to 45 °C (45 °F to 113 °F) / 0-95 % (non-condensing) Power supply Universal external power supply, 100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz IP rate / Case IP51 / Sturdy ABS-PC plastic Security Kensington® security slot Window glass 0.16” (4 mm) scratch resistant tempered glass Compliances FCC, CE, WEEE, RoHS Maintenance No moving parts, maintenance-free operation Warranty 3-year warranty, upgradeable
* available in type ’L’ models, ** available in type ’R’ models, *** available in type ’S’ models
Technical specifications are subject to change without prior notice. This document does not constitute an offer.
PRMc is a master of seeing into each layer of a document. As today’s ID documents are made up of a complex structure, using various paper/plastic materials, inks, laminates, holograms and other security features, the authenticity verification terminal should be perfectly prepared. That’s how PRMc is trained – to check all layers without exception.
Let’s deconstruct a modern e-passport to see each layer:
- MRZ – automatic extraction and checksum verification of all ICAO9303-compliant Machine Readable Zones
- VIZ – digitizing printed text in addition to MRZ, including non-standard Visual Inspection Zone that often contains special characters according to the country of issuance
- RFID – contactless chip reading and writing according to ISO 14443 and BSI TR-03105 using standardized rates up to 848kbps, optionally supporting VHBR-compliant chips as well
- VISIBLE WHITE – scanning the document under regular light, resulting in a color image. The result is a high-quality, 475 PPI image, suitable for data reading and archiving
- INFRARED – scanning the document in infrared light, resulting in a black & white image. Here the background disappears, creating a highly contrasted image which is ideal for OCR.
- UV – capturing the document using UV-A illumination, revealing all security elements invisible to the naked eye. UV pattern matching and paper material check (UV dullness) are performed within just a few seconds.
- OVD – visualizing holograms and other Optically Variable Devices or Optically Variable Inks, showing these on a separate image
- FACE PHOTO – scanning high-res image in 960 PPI and automatic cropping
- IPI – software-aided decoding of Invisible Personal Information (developed by JURA), making lens-assisted manual verification automatic
LINKS & DOWNLOADS PRMC BROCHURE Product description in PDF ID READERS AND BIOMETRICS CATALOG The complete list of ID readers and biometric products ARH PRODUCT CATALOG Comprehensive brochure showcasing all of our traffic, license plate recognition, passport, travel document, ID reader and biometric (AFS/AFIS) products
- REQUEST INFO:
PASSPORT AND ID SCANNER WITH OCR SOFTWARE LIBRARY AND SDK
|Full spectrum document authentication, whole-page passport or ID scanning and data entry is done in a single step and within seconds.||Travel document verification and personal data entry are done in one step with the reader.||Controlled entry becomes an automated process if verification is done with a built-in document reader.|
|Quick and correct onsite reservation and check-in are assured if the reader enters all information into the hotel’s guest management system.||The reader’s full spectrum authentication process assures that only flawless documents pass inspection during issuance.||Age-restricted vending can be utilized if the reader is built into the dispersing unit.|