IDENTITY DOCUMENT READING AND VERIFICATION SOFTWARE
ARH offers reliable and high-speed data reading and verification software for all identity document types worldwide. These software modules are available for each ARH ID and passport scanner models.
• PASSPORT READER SOFTWARE
This software and SDK comes with each ARH passport reader unit. The software contains 3 sets of tools. Firstly, automatic image processing functions – cropping, face photo cutout, rotation, reflection removal, and Adaptive Light Control. Secondly, data reading tools – standard MRZ as well as 1D and 2D bar codes, and extended RFID reading functionality. Thirdly, it also contains authentication of standardized safety features like MRZ consistency check, B900 ink check, UV dullness check and various printed/digital crosscheck functions.
• VIZ OCR SOFTWARE
This software is capable of reading non-standardized text, supporting Latin characters and alphabets using Latin characters with diacritical marks, for example the Slovakian and Romanian alphabet (ă, ď, î, ž, ä, ț and so on). As a custom development, it may even be capable of supporting unique characters like those of the Cyrillic alphabet.
• VIZ OCR + AUTHENTICATION SOFTWARE
Besides VIZ OCR, this software is capable of checking standard as well as nonstandard security features like pattern checking illuminated by various light sources, geometry analysis and OVI checks according to the characteristics of the given document type.
SUPPORTED DOCUMENT TYPES:
- Internationally accepted travel documents (different types of passports, visas)
- National identification documents like ID cards, driving licences
- Local residence permits, address cards, health insurance cards, etc.
- Fast – the data reading and verification checks are performed within a few seconds compared to manually entering the ID data that takes several minutes to complete
- Accurate – no mistakes compared to error-prone manual entries
- Reliable – high-reliability verification checks allow this solution to be deployed at heavy demand border crossings
- Worldwide – internationally accepted travel documents and national IDs are also supported
- Up-to-date – new document types are added on a weekly basis
Scanner software IMAGING FUNCTIONS PASSPORT READER SOFTWARE VIZ OCR VIZ OCR + AUTH Saving color, IR, UV + RR, OVD images YES Auto-rotation of document YES Auto-cropping of document image / face photograph YES Reflection removal (RR) YES OVD visualization YES DATA READING ICAO MRZ ICAO compliant documents per ICAO 9303 specification Part 1, Part 1v2, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 3v2 for Type ID-1, ID-2 and ID-3 MRZ Optical Character Recognition VIZ – YES YES Barcodes 1D: UPC-A, EAN8, EAN13, Code39, Code128 and ITF 2D: PDF 417, Data Matrix, QR Code, Aztec Code From paper based documents and mobile devices AAMVA compliant PDF417 and IATA BCBP Contactless IC (RFID) Reading and writing contactless ICs according to: ISO 14443 Type A & B, BSI TR-03105 All standardized rates up to 848 Kbps Document type identification based on MRZ based on MRZ / VIZ AUTHENTICATION MRZ checksum verification YES MRZ quality check YES B900 ink check YES UV dullness check YES RFID authentications ICAO Doc. 9303 LDS 1.7, ISO 18013 (Driver License)PKI 1.1, BAC, EAC, EAC2.0, PACE, AA, PA, TA, CA, BAP, EAP MRZ vs. RFID DG1 crosscheck YES Printed photo vs. RFID photo crosscheck YES Security pattern matching – – YES Color / geometry analysis – – YES OVD verification – – YES PROGRAMMING & INTERFACES Supported Operating Systems Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista (32/64 bit, WHQL certified)32/64 bit Server 2008 R2 and Server 2003Linux Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSUSE, CentOS Software Development Kit (SDK) Complete SDK including APIs, DLLs and demo programs Programming Languages C/C++, C#, Visual Basic 6.0, Delphi, VB.NET, Java SOFTWARE UPDATES 3 years 1 year 1 year
Technical specifications are subject to change without prior notice. This document does not constitute an offer.
Identity or travel document reading and authentication rely on specifically developed software that is capable of performing optical character recognition (OCR), barcode reading, e-data accessing and security verifications. Hardware and software components must work in a well-defined unison to perform a complete identification check and data extraction in just a few seconds by a qualified ID scanning device. Let’s focus now on the software’s side.
WHAT EXACTLY DOES THE SOFTWARE DO? SEE THE PROCESS STEP-BY-STEP:
- Image capturing automatically begins when the identity document is placed on the device’s scanning surface thanks to motion detection. Moreover, the scanner is capable of detecting if the document is still in movement – checks when it is still and ready to scan to avoid mistakes. At this point, multiple illuminations produce a range of scanned images.
- Based on the scanned images, the software automatically identifies the document type and obtains its data accordingly. Data extraction is completed not just from the Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) but also from the Visual Inspection Zone (VIZ) and 1D/2D barcodes. Some of these data are used to create access to the RFID chip – if present – to comply with all the latest security protocols of chip communication. After all information is gathered, the digitalized data are available to be transmitted to a database or various end user applications.
- As a next step, further authentication is made possible by the visible, infrared (IR) and ultraviolet (UV) images: checking security patterns and analyzing those elements which are invisible to the naked eye. OVDs, OVIs may be also verified, depending on the document type. Ensuring consistency, the printed and digital data are crosschecked – including the printed photo vs. RFID photo comparison feature. The results are displayed and summarized in order to show all the captured data, the list of verification checks and of course, the overall document validity.
IN WHAT FORM IS THIS SOFTWARE AVAILABLE?
While ARH’s ID and e-passport scanners autonomously manage the document reading and security procedures, these functions are provided in a form of a Software Development Kit (SDK) – that can be used to create specific end user systems or to incorporate the passport reader in an existing infrastructure. Furnishing the necessary databases and implementing the data transfer are normally the task of our system integrator partners who develop the customized application for the specific end user.
Our SDK offers several demo applications as well, with the aim of having a great testing and demonstration tool, in some cases it even turns out to be the most convenient end-user software in certain applications. However, since every project is different in its scope and requirements, the integrators are encouraged to provide the vital integration in the given project that involves document reading and authentication.
WHAT COMPONENTS ARE INCLUDE IN THE SOFTWARE PACKAGE?
- APIs, sample codes and documentations for the listed programming languages
- Device drivers
- Demo & test applications
LINKS & DOWNLOADS SCANNER SOFTWARE BROCHURE Product description in PDF ID READERS AND BIOMETRICS CATALOG The complete list of ID readers and biometric products ARH PRODUCT CATALOG Comprehensive brochure showcasing all of our traffic, license plate recognition, passport, travel document, ID reader and biometric (AFS/AFIS) products
Use the form below to reach us or send us an email.Contact
Name Email* Phone Skype Subject Contact me by *Required information